Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability or learning difficulty live life to the full.
- To promote training and work experience leading to employment opportunities for people with a learning disability.
- To provide quality social and leisure activities, and opportunities for self-advocacy.
- To listen to the aims, hopes and aspirations of people with a learning disability, and their families and carers.
- To enable and empower all children and adults with a learning disability, and their families and carers, to achieve their full potential.
- To encourage and promote public awareness of the positive contribution and potential of people with a learning disability.
- To enlist the support of the general public through publicity and fundraising.
- To campaign for and represent the interests and needs of people with a learning disability, and their families and carers, to the statutory authority and other relevant agencies.
- To promote the provision of quality residential and respite care with the support of the local community, the statutory authority and other organisations.
- To recruit, train and support users, carers and volunteers to achieve these aims.
- To run Riverwood and Greenwich Mencap using sound management principles, systems and tools.
At Riverwood we take a person-centered approach to care, within a cheerful environment. In addition to the overarching principles of Mencap below, we promote respect, tolerance and consideration of others.
- We are Inclusive. People with a learning disability are at the heart of everything we do.
- We are Trustworthy. When we promise something, we don’t let people down.
- We are Caring. We treat everyone with respect and kindness.
- We are Challenging. When we see things that aren’t fair we will campaign until we see real change.
- We are Positive. We never stop believing in a better future and we celebrate what we are proud of now.